Elementary school program
Tools for Success
Completing the Course
Please follow this quick, six-step process:
Reply to the "program confirmation" email to verify the program date and the number of kits to send you.
Give kits to students.
Confirm the number of kits sent home with your program contact for a $50 Amazon eGift Card.
Teachers may be eligible to receive a grant when they participate in the program and return completed Home Energy Worksheet data.
Each teacher who distributes kits and reconciles the number with their program contact will receive a $50 grant. Additional funds are earned when students return the Home Energy Worksheet.
Grant amounts are determined by dividing the number of Home Energy Worksheets (paper or online equivalent) received at NEF by the number of kits on the kit reconciliation form. The resulting percentage will determine the amount of your grant.
- Full grant amount : 80% or more
- Partial grant amount : 50 to 79%
Please contact your program coordinator with additional questions.
- The initial grant is sent as soon as the number of kits distributed to students is recorded via the Kit Reconciliation Form.
- Supplemental grants are processed after a teacher reaches 80 percent of submitted Home Energy Worksheets or after the program deadline.
- You will receive an email with a link to your teacher portal to monitor worksheets submitted, the grant you have earned to date and the status of your grant payment.
Grant funds can be used for any purpose by the participating teacher.
You may choose to receive an eGift Card for Amazon (the default option), an eGift Card for Office Depot/Office Max or payment by check.
- A valid email address is required to receive an eGift card.
- Checks are typically made out to the school to ensure that funds will benefit students. If you need a check made out to the PTO or another organization, you may designate that on your registration form. Send an email to your program contact or program director Lauren Johnson (email@example.com) to make arrangements.