Now that you have completed the Think! Energy Innovation presentation, you have new energy and water efficiency knowledge that can make a difference! Put this knowledge to use in the Innovation Challenge .
This contest challenges you to communicate innovative ideas about increasing energy and/or water efficiency. The challenge is simple:
- Discuss the home energy audit process in class. Determine areas where energy and/or water efficiency could be improved.
- Teams of up to four students can use their creative energy to explore new and innovative ways to make a difference in energy and/or water efficiency.
- Use your talents to communicate an idea to others through artwork, a science project, an essay, literature, photography, music, a service project, video, website project or any other works of innovation.
ENTRY SUBMISSION STEPS:
- A digital entry form must be completed online. Click here to go to the digital entry form.
- Be prepared to answer the following questions in the digital entry form:
- What message do you hope to convey?
- What is the impact of your project in your own words or in the lives of others?
- Email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org unless it is a video.
- To lessen problems with video formats,please upload your video to Youtube. Instruction on uploading your video can be found on the above website. Make sure to share the privacy settings so the NEF can view it. Important note: When “publishing,” to make this video entry “private,” you must go into your YouTube account “Privacy Settings” drop down menu and click Share. Here is a link from YouTube for additional help – https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/157177?hl=en. For written instructions on privacy settings, click the link to the right. Instructions and privacy settings for uploading your video entry to YouTube
- Complete this parent/guardian permission form with parent/guardian signature.
- Email this completed form with parent signature to: email@example.com with your name and school name in the subject heading. This form will be matched to your digital entry form to verify eligibility.
- The DEADLINE for entry submission is on or before November 23, 2016.