How do you determine the amount of my mini-grant?
- In order to receive your classroom mini-grant, you will need to return 80% or more of the Home Energy Worksheets. Your mini-grant is determined based on the number of students you received kits for.
How long will I need to wait for my mini-grant?
- Your mini-grant is processed faster if you submit your Home Energy Worksheets online. You can have students do this together in your classroom. It's best to have them complete these together within one week of distributing kits.
- Mini-grants are processed after a teacher reaches 80 percent of submitted Home Energy Worksheets or after the program deadline.
- You will receive an email to verify online entries every day there is a submission or when your mailed packet is received.
- Log in here with your last name and Teacher ID. This link is included in the emails from your scheduler for easy access. On this site you can see:
- Students who have submitted forms online.
- Students whose forms you mailed in.
- The number of forms we are expecting from you based on the reconciliation form you signed at the presentation and your current percentage returned.
- The grant you have earned to date and the status of your grant payment.
What are the rules for spending the grant money?
Grant funds can be used for any purpose the designated teachers choose. You will automatically receive a gift card if you have not notified your scheduler that you prefer a check. If you need a check made out to the PTO or other organization, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your scheduler and let them know to make special arrangements for you.
When can we sign up for next year?
Teacher registration is always open. Click to register and registrants will be added to the first available program for which they qualify. Eligibility for fall and/or spring programs is determined by the utility service received by the school.
How can other teachers I know enroll?
Please feel free to share the program information enrollment website with colleagues! Click here for the official flier.
Do you do these programs for other groups?
At this time, Think! Energy Bright Kids presentations and kits are available to second and third grade classrooms in schools. We can provide information and selected devices on a selected basis. Supplies of these additional materials are limited.